Summertime we love delicious salads for lunch or with our dinner. Today, I am sharing my best watermelon and feta salad for summer.
What do I love about this watermelon and feta salad? It is so refreshing and delicious, especially on a hot summer day. It combines the crunchiness of Arugula with the combination of fresh watermelon, feta, herbs from the garden (optional) and balsamic vinegar or your favorite dressing.
This salad can be eaten alone or paired with your favorite chicken dish. If you are not a fan of Arugula, no worries. You can swamp it out with a spring lettuce mix.
The watermelon is the star of the show. It is important that you select a watermelon that is ripe and in season. For my watermelon and feta salad, I make it when watermelons are in season. I prefer the seedless ones. You can buy the watermelons with the seeds. It does require a little more work by removing the seeds when cubing the melon.
Not only is this watermelon and feta salad delicious and refreshing, it is simple to make with a few ingredients. This salad is perfect for entertaining by the pool or summer picnics.
how to make best watermelon and feta cheese salad
Wash Arugula and pat dry with paper towels.
Add the Arugula or spring mix lettuce to a salad plate or bowl.
Cut watermelon into bite size cubes. If using a seeded watermelon, remove any seeds from the cubes.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Feta Cheese over top of the watermelon and Arugula.
Optional: Fresh Herb
Top with 5-6 fresh basil or mint leaves.
Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar
You can drizzle 1-2 TBS of Balsamic Vinegar over the salad. The amount is to your preference. You can also substitute Balsamic Vinegar for you favorite vinaigrette dressing.
Hope you enjoy this summer salad. The recipe is for one single serving. You can double, triple, etc. this recipe to entertaining or for serving at dinner.
Favorite Summertime items for entertaining
Affiliate links are used for your convenience at no additional cost to you. It helps to support my blog so that I can bring you more free tutorials. Thank you! Read my full disclosure here.
Best Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
- 1 Cup Arugula Spring Mix Lettuce can be substituted
- 1 Cup Cubed Fresh Seedless Watermelon In Season
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese Soft Goat Cheese can be substituted to replace the feta.
- 6 Leaves Fresh Basil or Mint Optional
- 1-2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar Substitute your favorite vinaigrette
- Add Arugula or spring mix lettuce to a salad plate or bowl.
- Cut watermelon into bite size cubes. If using a seeded watermelon, remove any seeds from the cubes.
- Add the watermelon cubes on top of the Arugula.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Feta Cheese over top of the watermelon and Arugula.
- Optional: Top with 5-6 fresh basil or mint leaves.
- Drizzle 1-2 TBS of Balsamic Vinegar or your favorite vinaigrette over the salad.
you may also love these recipes
Have a wonderful day, sweet friend!