These easy delicious Christmas Shortbread Cookies are super easy to make. The cookies just melt in your mouth.
These cookies have a delicious buttery taste with hints of vanilla. Super easy to make cookies that melts in your mouth. It is hard for me to stay out of the raw cookie dough. It tastes so good!
What I love best about these cookies are they are simple to make with a few ingredients. They are festive with candy sprinkles.
The key ingredient is “BUTTER”. Do not use any substitution to replace the butter.
Also, I highly recommend that you use a good pure vanilla extract. My favorite go to is Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract. It is the one time of the year not to skimp and want to use quality ingredients are in your holiday baking.
For the toppings, I love using crushed peppermint, festive holiday sprinkles, walnuts, mini-chocolate chips, etc. You can also leave them dipped in the semi-sweet chocolate.
The rich buttery flavor with the semi-sweet chocolate gives these Christmas Shortbread Cookies the perfect combination of flavor.
You can also bake ahead and freeze them.
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Nuts (Optional for decorating cookies)
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles (Optional for decorating cookies)
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy.
- Mix flour and salt together. Slow add to creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Using your hands, mix until well blended.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop mixture for each cookie.
- Shape into 2-inch logs, 1-inch balls or flat rounds.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool.
- When cookies are cool enough to handle. Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Dip half of a log or circle cookie into the melted chocolate. You can also dip the round tops into the melt chocolate.
- Coat or sprinkle with nuts or candy sprinkles.
Shop my favorite baking Products
Affiliate links are used for your convenience at no additional cost to you. It helps to support my blog so that I can bring you more free tutorials. Thank you! Read my full disclosure here.
Click on any of the photos below to take you to where to purchase them.
You may also love
How To Make The Most Amazing Hot Cocoa
How to Create a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Create a Beautiful Vintage Inspire Bottle Brush Tree
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with me today. If you want to hang out some more, I would love to have you subscribe to my newsletter. You can also follow me over Facebook at White Lilac Farmhouse, on Instagram @whitelilacfarmhouse, on LTK at white_lilac_farmhouse, Pinterest, YouTube, Tiktok, and Hometalk.
Have a wonderful day, sweet friend.
Yum! Perfect for the holidays. Hugs to you.
Alda Ellis says
I love your recipes so I know this one will be a winner! Making them to take to my sister… happy thanksgiving Tammy!!
Do Dodson says
Hi Tammy! I’m adding this to my recipe box. I’m old school and still print all my recipes. You can never have enough sugar cookie recipes. They sound delish! Thanks for sharing. xo 😘 pinned
Shortbread cookies are my fave and these look amazing!
Leslie Watkins says
Can’t wait to give these a try! I always love your packaging ideas… Ordering some of these now!
Thank you, Leslie. I have many of those packaging boxes, tags, stickers and twine. It’s perfect for holiday food gifts. Also, that parchment paper is the ticket on baking sheets for baking cookies. I always use it.