For the next five days, I will be sharing five of the best Christmas cookies recipes for the holiday. These recipes are family favorites.
As an added bonus, I will be sharing recipes from some of my blogger friends too. You will have lots of inspirations for your holiday baking.
DAY 2– Shortbread Cookies
These cookies have a delicious buttery taste with hints of vanilla. Super easy to make cookies that melts in your mouth. It is hard for me to stay out of the raw cookie dough. It tastes so good!
What I love best about these cookies are they are simple to make with a few ingredients. They are festive with candy sprinkles.
You can also bake ahead and freeze them.
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Nuts (Optional for decorating cookies)
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles (Optional for decorating cookies)
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy.
- Mix flour and salt together. Slow add to creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Using your hands, mix until well blended.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop mixture for each cookie.
- Shape into 2-inch logs, 1-inch balls or flat rounds.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool.
- When cookies are cool enough to handle. Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Dip half of a log or circle cookie into the melted chocolate. You can also dip the round tops into the melt chocolate.
- Coat or sprinkle with nuts or candy sprinkles.
OTHER HOLIDAY COOKIE RECIPES
- Sue at Shop At Blu has a Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookie.
- White Lilac Farmhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a crowd pleaser!
- My family absolutely loves these Potato Chip Cookies.
- Cindy at Cloches & Lavender has The Best Gingerbread.
- Rebecca at Zucchini Sisters has this wonder Holiday Coconut Apricot Bar.
- Stacey at Stacey Lives has these yummy Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Molasses Cookie recipe to share.
Five of The Best Christmas Cookies
If you missed yesterday’s post, I have it linked here for Day 1. Be sure to scroll down to see recipes from my blogger friends. There are some wonderful recipes.
Resources That I Use for Baking
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. The opinions here are all my own. It helps me to continue to bring to you DIY and projects on my blog.
Be sure to stop back each day for a more recipes!
Thank you, friend for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some good inspiration on today’s post.
You can help be by following me on Facebook at White Lilac Farmhouse, on Instagram @whitelilacfarmhouse, on LKT at white_lilac_farmhouse, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
Have an amazing day!