For the next five days, I will be sharing five of the best Christmas cookies recipes for the holiday. These recipes are family favorites.
As an added bonus, I will be sharing recipes from some of my blogger friends too. You will have lots of inspirations for your holiday baking.
DAY 4 – Chinese New Year Cookies
Here is a really quick and easy no bake cookie recipe. It is another recipe that was handed down from my mother. It is always on my top 5 list of the Best Christmas Cookies. I never miss making them for the holidays.
My three sons love these cookies. I love them because they are so simple to make in a large pot mixing with a wooden spoon.
There is something about the chocolate and butterscotch combination makes these cookies delightful.
You simply melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted stir in your Chow Mein Noodles and cocktail peanuts. Stir well and drop into stacks on aluminum foil or wax paper. After they can completed cooled, you can store in cookie tins or storage bags. I will put mine in the freezer to keep everyone from eating the cookies before the holiday.
Chinese New Year Cookies
- 6 ounces Butterscotch Chips
- 6 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounce can Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 cup Salted Peanuts
- Melt the chips in a double-boiler.
- Mix in Chow Mein Noodles and peanuts. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Drop by teaspoon on to wax paper in stacks.
- Allow to completely cool. The chocolate will harden and you will be able to place in storage container or cookie tins.
OTHER Holiday COOKIE RECIPES
- Paula at Sweet Pea has this yummy Peppermint Cookie With White Chocolate recipe.
- Deanna at One Step Woman Snowflake Mittens and Hats Glazed Sugar Cookies that looks amazing.
- Melanie at Southern Crush At Home Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is made with three ingredients!
- Jennifer at The Flowering Farmhouse has a delicious Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe to share with us.
- White Lilac Farmhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a crowd pleaser!
- My family absolutely loves these Potato Chip Cookies.
FIVE OF THE BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES
If you missed the previous posts, they are linked below. I have five days of cookie recipes for you. You will not want to miss some of the wonderful cookie recipes shared.
- Day 1 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Day 2 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Shortbread Cookies
- Day 3 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Almond Joy Cookies
RESOURCES THAT I USE FOR BAKING & Gift Ideas
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. The opinions here are all my own. It helps me to continue to bring to you DIY and projects on my blog.
Be sure to stop back each day for a more recipes!
Thank you, friend for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some good inspiration on today’s post.
You can help by following me on Facebook at White Lilac Farmhouse, on Instagram @whitelilacfarmhouse, on LKT at white_lilac_farmhouse, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.