How to care for beautiful Poinsettias plants are really not hard. They make wonderful Christmas gifts for the plant lover in the family.
Poinsettias come in an array of gorgeous colors. My favorites are the reds and pinks.
There are a couple of things you need to know about how to care for beautiful Poinsettia.
How to care for beautiful poinsettias Plants
- Poinsettias thrive with steady temperatures between 65-75 degrees in your home.
- Keep your plant out of direct sunlight but put it in a bright sunny room with indirect lighting. I have one placed in my family room and the other in my home office.
- Try to place them near a door or window where there may be any drafts. These plants do not like the cold.
- It is important to check your plant daily to see if it needs water. How do you know how much water? By pushing your finger into the soil. If the soil feels dry to the touch, lightly add some water. You need to keep the soil moisten without over watering it to avoid root rot. Over watering is one of the number one reason that your Poinsettia will die.
They really are beautiful plants to have around the holidays.
Important Things to Know About Poinsettias
- Poinsettias are not highly toxic to small children, dogs and cats. I would recommend that you keep them out of reach. The sap can cause skin irritation but the plant is harmless.
- Poinsettias (Euphorbia pulcherrima) plants are only mildly toxic to cats and dogs. If swallowed, it may cause mild irritation: nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Again, the plant is harmless.
Other Post on plants
- Succulent Plants for Indoors
If you are baking cookies this weekend and need some recipes, please checkout my posts below. There are lots of recipes from myself and my blogger friends.
- Day 1 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Day 2 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Shortbread Cookies
- Day 3 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Almond Joy Cookies
- Day 4 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Chinese New Year Cookies
- Day 5 of Five of the best Christmas Cookies – Rugelach
Please follow me on Facebook at White Lilac Farmhouse, on Instagram @whitelilacfarmhouse, on LKT at white_lilac_farmhouse, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
Happy holidays, sweet friend!