This is one of my favorite go-to dishes during the summer. You will love this quick & easy Mediterranean couscous salad recipe.
It is healthy and loaded with delicious flavors for garlic, lemon, fresh herbs, chickpeas, and veggies. The perfect dish to make ahead of time. Why? Because the flavors will infuse more the next day.
It is a wonderful side dish with chicken or fish. This Mediterranean couscous salad is a light and refreshing dish. You can enjoy eating it for a healthy lunch.
It is also great to take to a picnic since it is served cold or room temperature. You can also change up the Mediterranean couscous salad with other vegetables in your garden such as bell peppers or summer squash and zucchini.
Quick & Easy Mediterranean Couscous Salad
First Cook the Couscous
In a pot on the stove, add 1 1/4 cup of water, olive oil, and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Once the water boils, remove from the heat. Stir in couscous and cover for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork and place in a large bowl.
add Drained chickpeas
Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas. You need to make sure there is no water being added. Extra water will make the salad mushy. Add the thoroughly drained chickpeas to the couscous.
Add Fresh Garden Vegetables
Cut your fresh garden vegetables in small bite size cubes. Here I have added fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Fresh herbs such as Parsley is a great addition this this Mediterranean couscous salad. Don’t forget to add one tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice to this salad.
Salt & Pepper to taste
Add salt and pepper to your taste!
Now it is time to give this salad a good mix to blend all of the flavors together. You can serve it immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Tomatoes cubed
- 1 Medium Cucumber (rind removed) sliced and quartered
- 1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), Drained and Rinsed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a pot on the stove, add 1 1/4 cup of water, olive oil, and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the water boils, remove from the heat. Stir in couscous and cover for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add drained Chickpeas.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers and chopped fresh parsley (optional).
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix the salad thoroughly. Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Store in refrigerator covered.
FAVORITE SUMMERTIME ITEMS FOR ENTERTAINING
Affiliate links are used for your convenience at no additional cost to you. It helps to support my blog so that I can bring you more free tutorials. Thank you! Read my full disclosure here.
Have a wonderful day, sweet friend!