Good morning, sweet friends! Welcome to Saturday Morning Coffee Talk. Hope you have your cup of coffee in hand (tea or Favorite beverage).
Here on Saturday, I talk about random things going on over at White Lilac Farmhouse or little something about myself.
With it being summer time, I cannot get enough strawberries because they are my absolutely favorite.
I am not much of a cake person but love me some homemade cookies. Every year as a little girl, on my birthday in July my great-aunt who owned a local bakery (Walls Bakery) would give me a Strawberry Shortcake. Ever since, Strawberry Shortcake has been by favorite summer dessert.
As soon as summer rolls around, I begin craving Strawberry Shortcake and my husband will start asking for me to make some. I have been making it for my family since 1989.
My Strawberry Shortcake is much different from the ones at the bakery. It is made with a sweet biscuit as the base. Trust me when I say, it is such an easy recipe and you can whip it up in minutes.
The shocker… I make it with Bisquick. They (Bisquick) does have a Strawberry Shortcake recipe but I have my own recipe. I have tweaked it to suit my taste.
I am all about easy recipes. Hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of it.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Large Mixing Bowls
- Wooden Spoon
- 4 1/2 Cups Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 TBS Granulated Sugar (Note: 1 TBS is for the Shortcake & 2 TBS are for the Strawberries.)
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Sliced Strawberries (Note: Best when sliced up with 2 TBS of Sugar and placed in the refrigerator overnight.)
- 1/2 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Can Ready Made Whipping Cream
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Slice them and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle two tablespoons of granulated sugar and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray Pam Cooking Spray on the a baking sheet or use parchment so the shortcakes will not stick to the pan.
- For the shortcakes: In a large bowl mix Bisquick, milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together until well mixed.
- Drop the dough mixture onto the greased baking sheet in approximately 3" circles. The recipe should yield five shortcakes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes. They should be golden brown on the top and cooked through.
- You can either let them cool or serve warm. Slice the shortcake in half. Place the bottom in a bowl, add two scoops of vanilla ice cream, next add several tablespoons of strawberries over top the ice cream. Add the top of the shortcake and add another tablespoon of strawberries. Top with whipped cream and a strawberry slice.
All things Strawberries – For The Strawberry Lover
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. The opinions here are my own.
Yesterday, I did my patio reveal. You can read about it here.
Looking for a great summer dessert recipe, I got you! Check out White Lilac Farmhouse’s Banana Split Dessert. This post also links to other fabulous recipes from my blogger friends.
Hope you have an amazing weekend, sweet friend!