This is my weight loss journey to lose 80 pounds through a lifestyle change. It’s not a diet, it is eating healthy. It is a life style change!
I have completed two weeks and entered into week 3 on Monday. It was a tough week and had to overcome a few obstacles. Pizza was the big obstacle in the house this week. I have learned that it’s better to taste then to completely eliminate. If you have been following along my journey, I shared with you two of my biggest issues with dieting. The first one, I am a stress eater. The second issue, I am a carbohydrate junky. Being off the sugar and eating healthy does help to curb the cravings for sugar. Although when the stress from work sneaks into my life, I find myself seeking out something that tastes good. The struggle is real for me and something that is mental. A cycle that I continue to work on to change.
A wonderful pizza appeared on my counter with all of it’s gooey goodness was calling my name. It was a rough day. I really wanted to cave and say, it’s ok just this one time. Nope, not ok! So I did the next best thing other than walking away and going upstairs. I took a bite out of one of the slices and then walked upstairs with my jug of water.
A taste of this yummy pizza was better than throwing in the towel. It satisfied the current situation and helped with self control. Do I still need to work on the mental part of the desire to stress eating? Absolutely! The struggle continues to be real and I know others may feel the same way. Or you may just love the taste of yummy food. We all have our weakness. It’s why this is a journey! It’s not going to happen overnight.
For years, I have hated photos of myself. This is me with my extra weight. When I decided to share this personal journey, it comes with photos for accountability. I hide my extra chin by placing my hand on it. We all have our little tricks. Right? Oh how, I look forward to seeing my face begin to thin out.
Just like losing weight is not going to happen overnight it takes time, discipline and hard work. Lots of hard work! It also helps to have a community of supporters. It’s always good to encourage one another. If you get off track, you have someone to say “it’s ok” and just jump back on the train. YOU GOT THIS! WE GOT THIS!
Week 3 – Successes
- Down 7.0 pounds
- Lost 1.5 pounds at the end of week 2; and 5.5 pounds at the end of week 1
- My jeans fit better
- Sleeping better – Usually, I sleep 6 hours and only need 8-10 hours of sleep when sick. Saturday, I slept 10 straight, uninterrupted hours of sleep. YAY!!!!
- Beginning to have mental clarity
- Feeling more energic and no longer falling asleep on the sofa.
WEEK 2 – PITFALLS
- Took a bite of pizza but then walked away
- Should have got my steps in this week (working on it)
- Also grabbed a handful of crackers (asked hubby not to bring them into the house – a trigger food for me)
THE HEALTHY CORNER
To answer a few questions, I am taking the following supplements. Not only for weight loss, most of them are to help to support and boost my immune system. Especially with COVID and it being flu season.
Currently, I am taking the following:
- Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies – Twice a day, I ate two gummies (two when I break my fast at 11 a.m. and two before bed). It beats drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. It has great health benefits.
- Liposomal Vitamin C 2000mg – Super Immune System Support. It contains powerful antioxidant properties and helps protect against free radical damage; It helps with immune system support, and help joints and arteries heal and function properly; Liposomal C also Supports healthy brain function, cognition, cardiovascular, adrenal, and heart health, blood circulation, mood, bone density, helps decrease muscle soreness, and helps increase absorption of calcium & iron.
- D3 5000IU – Support strong bones and immune health. It is commonly known as the sunshine vitamin. It beneficial in regulating the body’s natural insulin levels. Aids in lung function. It helps you absorb calcium. Also did you know that both calcium and vitamin D are essential ingredients for a healthy brain? It helps with preventing fatigue. Reduces your flu risk.
- B-12 1000mcg – B-12 plays a vital role in helping your body produce red blood cells. It helps if you have any anemia issues. It helps to convert food to energy. May help to support bone health and prevent Osteoporosis. May improve your mood and symptoms of depression. Supports healthy hair, skin and nails.
- MK-7 Vitamin K-2 100 mcg – Vitamin K2 benefits bone and heart health.
- Zinc 10mg – It’s know for known for its immune boosting properties, but is also essential for wound recovery, blood clotting, and tissue development. It helps to promotes healthy digestion, metabolism and vision.
I have these item link on Shop My Favorites page. Always consult your physician about any vitamins or supplement that may interfere with medications that you are currently taking for your health.
Here are two of my favorite all natural protein bars. If you want something that you can throw in your purse if you are on the go. These are perfect. I have these item link on Shop My Favorites page
Thank you for stopping by today. Please leave me a comment to share any success that you have in your journey to getting healthy. WE GOT THIS!