This is my weight loss journey to lose 80 pounds through a lifestyle change. It’s not a diet, it is eating healthy. It is a life style change!
I am a month into this journey and 9.4 pounds down. The progress so far is good. It’s amazing how much better you feel when you ditch the junk food.
Monday, I took my body measurement. A total of eight (8) inches were lost this past month. Yay!
Of those inches, six (6) of them were off my waist. Another inch off my hips. The remaining inch from various places. But six (6) off my WAIST! I was so excited. I knew my pants were fitting better.
It’s amazing how much better I am feeling these days. The nerve pain in my body from inflammation has quiet down. In the last two weeks, I have not had any nights waking up in extreme pain.
Isn’t it amazing how when you ditch the junk food, your body begins to heal itself? I long to see how much better things will be in 6-months.
TIP of THE Week
Food prep on the weekend. It is key to have easy to grab foods during the week. Raw vegetables cut up in baggies or containers.
I found when I prep my food. I can go into the refrigerator to grab a quick snack. Ready made lunch to eat or heat up. I do meal planning for the week. I also found it helpful to make a few meals ahead of time and place in the freezer.
WEEK 5 – SUCCESSES
- Down 9.4 pounds
- Lost 1.4 pounds at the end of week 4
- Loss a total of 8 inches
- Inflammation in my body is down
- Sleeping 8-10 hours which is amazing for me (normally 6 hours)
WEEK 5 – PITFALLS
- Craving chocolate for some reason. I need to get some organic dark chocolate to have for those moments.
THE HEALTHY CORNER
Here is a very easy and yummy salad that is perfect for lunch. It can be made ahead too. What I love about this salad is you can change the fruit up from apples to sliced grapes.
- 1 cup of mixed organic salad greens
- 1/2 cup of diced cooked chicken
- 1 small apple diced or you can substitute for 1/4 cup of sliced seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 3 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise Avocado Oil or Mayonnaise of choice
Plate the mixed salad greens.
Mix the remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over the mixed salad greens.
Thank you for following along and stopping by the blog today. Please share your journey along in the comments. Make it a wonderful day, sweet friend!