This is my weight loss journey to lose 80 pounds through a lifestyle change. It’s not a diet, it is eating healthy. It is a life style change!
Entering into week 6 now and down 10.4 pounds. I seem to be dropping a pound of week. Honestly, I believe it could be a little more if the exercising was kicked up into full gear. I also have been sneaking Nutpods into my morning coffee. I just cannot enjoy in black. For me that added froth makes my coffee so much more enjoyable.
One thing for certain, my food taste better. I am enjoying each bite more. By eliminating the sugar and processed foods from my diet, real food taste so good. It’s as if my taste buds are brand new and every thing taste a whole lot better.
Another thing that I did was change from B-Complex to a liquid form of Vitamin B12. It’s had some really good healthy benefits. Vitamin B12 is important to maintain the health of your metabolism, blood cells, and nerves.
If you are new here, read Week 1 here to find out what I am doing on this life style change to get healthy and loss weight.
TIP OF THE WEEK
This weekend, I did some meal prepping. I cooked chicken that could be cut up for chicken salad or tossed on top of a salad.
I also made Breakfast Egg Muffins to freeze. Not only are the good for you, they are so easy to make and taste great! If you like eggs, you will enjoy this recipe of mine.
WEEK 6 – SUCCESSES
- Down 10.4 pounds
- Lost 1.0 pounds at the end of week 5
- My body is not aching
- Less moody
WEEK 6 – PITFALLS
- My wonderful neighbors bake homemade bread on a snowy day. It was still warm from the oven. I had piece of it (love me some bread). I hit the rowing machine for a good workout.
THE HEALTHY CORNERPrint Recipe
BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup spinach (sauté)
- 1/4 cup feta chees
- 6 slices cooked sugar-free bacon strips, crumbled optional sausage or veggie only
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt optional
- 1/4 tsp pepper flakes or red-hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat a 12 well muffin (standard) pan with olive oil. You could use a cooking spray.
- In a frying pan cook bacon strips. Set-aside to cool.
- Next, sauté spinach until wilted.
- Divide the bacon and spinach evenly between the 12 muffin wells.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place eggs, salt, and red pepper and whisk until the eggs are completely blended.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin wells, filling each of the 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin well with feta cheese.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes, until the egg muffins are set and slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Run a knife around each cup to loosen the muffin before removing them from the pan.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit or salsa.
If you missed a week you can click on the links below:
Thank you for following along and stopping by the blog today. Please share your journey along in the comments. Make it a wonderful day, sweet friend!