This is my weight loss journey to lose 80 pounds through a lifestyle change. It’s not a diet, it is eating healthy. It is a life style change!
I skipped a week on purpose for my post on Weight Loss Wednesday. The reason for the delay, I was posting entering into the week. I felt it would be more beneficial to post my success and pitfalls at the end of each weigh in at the end of the completed week.
Nine weeks down on this healthy life style journey. To say it has been easy would clearly be a simple, “NO”! It’s really HARD!
It’s hard to give up the things you enjoy. Such as the hubby bringing home a pizza with all that yummy melted cheese. I have mentioned this before. He loves to come home with a soft pretzel for me or donuts. Sometimes, I have to remind him “honey, I am dieting. My knees hurt with this extra weight on. I don’t want to hurt any more. I want to chase after and play with the grandchildren without being sore for two days. Please help me by not bringing the pretzels or donuts into the house”. It’s been tough walking away from a trigger food such as donuts. My will power has been awesome and I do leave the crappy foods alone.
The end of week 9, I am down 12 pounds. It appears only as a .2 pound lost. However, I have kicked up my exercising. It’s a lost! To me it’s a WIN!
Going from 80 pounds to lose to 68 pounds to lose makes me smile. It’s progress! It’s nice to say, I have 68 pounds lose instead of 80. I can’t wait to the day where it’s only 15 or 20 pounds.
When you are in this journey, you need to remember to “Be Kind To Yourself”. It’s important to be patient and work towards the goal. It’s a journey!
My knees hurt all the time. There is way too much weigh on this 5′ 2″ frame of mine. In order for my knees not to hurt, my orthopedic doctor said it was important for the weight to come off. It is also important for me to build up my thigh muscles to support my knees. Here’s the kicker, it hurts to exercise. Literally hurts! Many people would just throw in the towel. My doctor told me it will hurt at first and will improve as muscle is built to support the knees.
It’s important not to over do it. I am using light weighs for now and will build up to using more as the knees improve. I am not going to give up. You must move and exercise.
The key is a combination of healthy eating, drinking plenty of water and exercising.
WEEK 9 – SUCCESSES
- Down 12.0 pounds
- Lost .2 pounds at the end of week 9
- Drinking lots of water
- Walking and working out minimum 5 days a week
WEEK 9 – PITFALLS
- Knees hurt and unable to walk two days this week. However, I still did floor exercises.
HEALTHY CORNERPrint Recipe
Healthy Fried Rice
- 1 10.8 oz bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas & Water Chestnuts (bag mixture)
- 1 10.8 oz bag Birds Eye Riced Cauliflower Savory Herb
- 1/4 cup Slice Almonds
- 1 tsp Seasame Oil
- 1 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 large Egg
- Over medium heat on the stove add seasame oil to a large frying pan.
- Next add the riced cauliflower to the pan and add the liquid aminos. Stirring to blend the liquid aminos into the cauliflower until well blended.
- Next add the bag of mixed vegetables and stir until will mixed. You can add more liquid aminos to you desired taste. Stir to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add the sliced almonds and stir well.
- When the vegetables are tendered, add one raw egg and mixed well. Continue to stir until the egg is cooked into the rice mixture.
If you missed a week of Weight Loss Wednesdays, you can click on the links below:
Thank you for following along and stopping by the blog today. Please share your journey along in the comments. Make it a wonderful day, sweet friend!