Looking for a great summer time dessert? I have a recipe that my Grandma Baxter use to make for family gatherings.
Over the years, I have put my spin on it. White Lilac Farmhouse’s Banana Split Dessert remains a family favorite. I made it today to take to my next door neighbor’s family cookout.
The best part, you can change it up to add some of your own favorite ingredients. It is such a yummy dessert, people will definitely go back for seconds.
White Lilac Farmhouse’s Banana Split Dessert
- 9 x 13 Pan
- Pam Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Salted Butter melted
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 Bananas sliced round
- 1/4 Cup Strawberries sliced
- 14 Ounces Can of Crushed Pineapples drained really well
- 8 Ounces Whipped Topping
- 8 Jumbo Maraschino Cherries sliced in half
- 3 TBS Chopped Pecans optional
- 2 TBS Chocolate Syrup, drizzled optional
- 2 TBS Toasted Coconut optional
- First coat the 9 x 13 pan with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar and melted butter together and pressed into the 9 x 13 pan. Place pan into the refrigerator and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat together soften cream cheese, sweetened condense milk, vanilla and lemon juice until well blended. You want to make sure that there are no lumps. Spread mixture over the chilled graham cracker crust layer. Chillin the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before next layer.
- Over the chilled cream cheesemixture crushed pineapple in a thin layer.
- Add lemon juice to a medium bowl. Slice two bananas in circles and add into the lemon juice and give it a good toss to coat the bananas. This will help the bananas not to brown.Next alternate rows of bananas and strawberries over the pineapple layer.
- Next add a layer of whipped toppingover top of the bananas and strawberries.
- Slice Maraschino Cherries in halfand garnish the top. On mine, I also added chopped pecans. You can also drizzlechocolate syrup over the top too.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! A perfect dish to take to a summer cookout.
Need some more summer recipes? Check out these great posts from some talented bloggers. You will find some really amazing summer recipes including some for cocktails.
Strawberry Lemon Cocktail (with Lemon and Prosecco) over at Bloom In The Black.
How To Make A Classic White Wine Spritzer by Juliet of Make Mine A Spritzer
Three Summer Salad Recipes by Robyn’s French Nest.
My favorite watermelon salad by A Loverly Life
Freezer Strawberry Jam by 2 Bees In A Pod.
Over at Feet Under My Table, Leslie shares her Carrot Cake Jam.
Beginner’s Guide To Making and Canning Blueberry Jam by My Family Thyme.
House of Mar has an amazing Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler.
A perfect summer time appetizer is the Blue Ribbon Kitchen’s Strawberry-Basil Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese and Honey. Also check out her Garden Party Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
Back Porch Bliss has this wonderful Strawberry Cake recipe.
Blue Skies At Home has The Best Lemon Icebox Pie You’ve Ever Tasted!
How To Make Gomboc – Delicious Hungarian Fruit Dumplings from This Dear Casa.
Sweet friends, hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!