Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Summer Time is perfect for making Strawberry Shortcake. This is a easy recipe that uses a sweet biscuit as the base for the shortcake.
2 Large Mixing Bowls
- 4 1/2 Cups Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 TBS Granulated Sugar (Note: 1 TBS is for the Shortcake & 2 TBS are for the Strawberries.)
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Sliced Strawberries (Note: Best when sliced up with 2 TBS of Sugar and placed in the refrigerator overnight.)
- 1/2 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Can Ready Made Whipping Cream
Wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Slice them and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle two tablespoons of granulated sugar and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
Spray Pam Cooking Spray on the a baking sheet or use parchment so the shortcakes will not stick to the pan.
For the shortcakes: In a large bowl mix Bisquick, milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together until well mixed.
Drop the dough mixture onto the greased baking sheet in approximately 3" circles. The recipe should yield five shortcakes.
Bake at 450 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes. They should be golden brown on the top and cooked through.
You can either let them cool or serve warm. Slice the shortcake in half. Place the bottom in a bowl, add two scoops of vanilla ice cream, next add several tablespoons of strawberries over top the ice cream. Add the top of the shortcake and add another tablespoon of strawberries. Top with whipped cream and a strawberry slice.