The Best Mini Heart-Shaped Cherry and Chocolate Filled Pies
Theses easy mini cherry and chocolate filled pies are perfect for any occasion. They are made with only a few ingredients.
1 large heart cookie cutter
1 sheet of parchment paper
1 Baking Sheet
1 Fork & Knife
Pillsbury Ready Made Pie Crus
Cherry Pie Filling
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Powder Sugar (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet.
3. Roll out the sheet of pie crust.
4. Cut out tops and bottom for your pies. You will do this with both of your sheets of pie crust. You will need an equal amount.
5. Place the bottom hearts on the parchment paper. I was able to get four hearts from each sheet. With the leftovers, I was able to get two more for a total of five hearts (ten tops and bottoms).
6. Add a handful of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels to the center of each heart.
7. Spoon the Cherry Pie Filling into the center of each heart. Leave the edges free to adhere the tops to the bottoms. Try not to over fill the pies.
8. You can use a fork or your thumb to press the tops to the bottoms.
9. Next vent each of the pies by making a crisscross in the center of each heart with a sharp knife.
10. Bake the mini pies for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the edges are golden. Do not over cook them.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
The mini pies are great with blueberry, strawberry or peach pie filling too. Strawberry works great with the chocolate. I make the blueberry pies with out any chocolate.
mini hand pies