Over the weekend, two of my sons requested this breakfast favorite. Here is how to make sausage gravy with biscuits for breakfast.
Quick Biscuit Recipe
I have several great biscuits recipes. In a pinch, the Bisquick Biscuit recipe works. I just follow the direction on the box for the drop biscuits. I sprinkle Bisquick mix on the counter and over my dough to roll it out to 1/2 inch in thickness. You make them thicker. It is all a personal preference.
My Hearth and Hand biscuit cutters came in handy. The large one works great to ne to cut out each biscuit.
After cutting the biscuits, place on parchment paper. Bake according to the directions on the box.
Now for the delicious Sausage Gravy. This recipe is how I was taught by my grandmother Baxter. I made a few changes to the recipe.
how to make sausage gravy
Add 2 cups of milk and bring the mixture to a slow boil. You need to stir constantly!
I like to sprinkle approximately a 1/4 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika and add salt to personal taste.
You can see in the third photo that the gravy on the slow boil has started to thicken. It’s ready! It will thicken up after you remove it from the heat and let sit a minute.
Now slice one or two biscuits and place in the bottom of a bowl or plate.
The easy sausage gravy with tastes so good, especially on a cold day.
Easy Sausage Gravy
- 1 Large Non Stick Skillet
- 1 Wooden Spoon or Spatula
- 16 ounces Hot Pork Sausage Mild can be substituted
- 2 cups Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Start by melting 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- One Package of Hot Pork Sausage (or mild). Add to skillet breaking into small bite size pieces.
- Cook over medium heat.
- While the sausage is cooking it is good to make sure to break into smaller pieces.
- Next, add two tablespoons of all-purpose flour and mix. You will be browning the flour with the sausage.
- Add 2 cups of milk and bring the mixture to a slow boil. You need to stir constantly!
- I like to sprinkle approximately a 1/4 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika and add salt to personal taste.
- You can see in the third photo that the gravy on the slow boil has started to thicken. It's ready! It will thicken up after you remove it from the heat and let sit a minute.
- Serve hot over homemade biscuits or toast. You can also serve as a side dish with pancakes, grits or eggs.
Where to get the goods
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. The opinions here are all my own. It helps me to continue to bring to you DIY and projects on my blog.
Other breakfast Recipes
- Easy and Delicious Belgian Waffle
- How To Make The Most Amazing Hot Cocoa
- The Best Cranberry Orange Muffins for the Holidays
You need to check out my friend Stacey at Stacey Lives In The Kitchen. She the most amazing Mini Gluten Free Orange and Chocolate Chip Scones recipe. I made them and it is delicious!
MY PROJECT LIST FOR 2022
- Pantry DIY Project
- Laundry Room DIY Project
- Craft Room Storage Revamp & DIY
- Board & Batten DIY
- French Country Bedroom Makeover with DIY
- Mudroom Refresh
- Dixie Belle Paint Project Every Month (from furniture to crafts)
- Lots Craft Projects with tutorial
- Introduction to Craft Classes.
It is just some of the projects that I have in stored for 2022. Be sure to check back each week.
Please follow me on Facebook at White Lilac Farmhouse, on Instagram @whitelilacfarmhouse, on LKT at white_lilac_farmhouse, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
Have a wonderful day, sweet friend!